Carbide is a compound substance typically consisting of carbon and either tungsten or titanium that’s applied to the tips of cutting blades for improved strength and performance. Carbide is used on everything from drill bits and hand tools to band saw and circular saw blades. While carbide-tipped blades are more expensive than traditional blades, a superior-quality product will provide many advantages that make it well worth the extra money.
What Are Carbide Saw Blades Used For?
Carbide saw blades are used by woodworkers and craftsmen for precision cuts for projects that require minimal to no tearout, such as cabinet making or furniture building. Circular carbide tip blades are generally used with miter and table saws.
If you’re looking for ways to improve your woodworking capabilities, consider the primary benefits of carbide-tipped blades by Luxite Saw.
Benefits of Carbide Tip Blades
Top reasons to choose carbide-tipped circular saw blades include:
- Reduced kerf tearout – The precision cut of a carbide-tipped blade helps to avoid kerf tearout for smoother and more precise cuts. You spend less time fixing errors and finishing surfaces while minimizing material waste.
- Impressive durability – The carbide used to manufacture LUXITE saws is far stiffer than steel. The result is a longer-lasting blade capable of consistent performance in rigorous cutting applications. You won’t have to change your blade as often, saving you time and money over the long term.
- Improved cutting results – Carbide-tipped blades start off sharper and remain sharp much longer than steel alternatives. A sharper edge means less chipping and shattering with a higher feed rate. Carbide is so strong it will typically cut through debris found in hardwoods, particleboard and other materials that would likely destroy a regular blade.
- Extended use – When carbide-tipped teeth start to round off and lose some of their bite, it’s easy to return them to peak condition. Rather than having to replace the blade, all you need to do is sharpen it from time to time when it gets dull.
- American-made quality – LUXITE carbide-tipped circular saw blades are manufactured in the United States using premium materials. Each blade is carefully crafted and meticulously tested to ensure it will meet and exceed your highest expectations.
Reaping the Benefits of Carbide-Tipped Blades
When you choose to use carbide-tipped blades, you’re investing in a product that will provide an exceptional value compared to less expensive alternatives. Luxite Saw, a division of York Saw and Knife Co, Inc., is the name serious woodworkers trust for the best quality products at a competitive price.
Visit our website for more information on our complete line of carbide-tipped ripper saw and crosscut circular saw blades. Or give us a call to speak with a knowledgeable representative. We carry a broad variety of woodworking products and accessories for table saws, miter saws, and bandsaws. Our friendly and professional team will be happy to answer all of your questions and assist with identifying the saw blades that make the most sense for your applications.